Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Baby's Breath & Mason Jars...

Alright, let’s get into the good stuff.

Planning for late September 2015

The venue: I have selected a winery. It’s a very historic area with stone work buildings, exposed wooden beams, high ceilings garnished with beautiful lighting. This place had the exact feel I was searching for… a little bit of fairy-tale and masculine enough at the same time. It’s just perfect!  (Not to mention the wine is fabulous!) ---I will reveal the name of the establishment once I actually book the date!
Theme: Well, since it’s a winery, and I happen to be a wino… I want to stay with that idea, the warmth of a vineyard and the romantic essence of it on its own.  I simply want to enhance it to my own taste. I will be adding touches of “vintagey”, rustic, barn yard type décor to tell the story I want portrayed. Overall, I’d call it romantic vineyard.


Décor: I have to admit I’m really into the overwhelming trend of mason jars! I enjoy the instant comfort that they emit.  I plan on using them not only for drinks, but for candle holders and the like. I also want to add in some haystacks for bench seating since the venue has a huge patio! I want to take advantage of that for sure. Maybe even make a “coffee table” as well.  On the tables for centerpieces, I want to use wood slabs, empty wine bottles, and candles. Simple and romantic!


Flowers: I’m not a huge lover of the dramatic flower arrangements from exotic countries. I’m a simple girl who just wants to use flowers to soften up all the stone and wood features. I plan on using a lot … I mean A LOT of baby’s breath.  It will pretty much be placed throughout the entire venue. I’m also thinking that maybe for some taller pieces I will use branches and spray-paint them to give that drama that everyone craves.



The Food: OK, I’m such a foodie and I love to cook… BUT I have found a catering company that is actually recommended by the venue and it has outstanding reviews! I will be doing a sit down dinner. I have no problems with buffets, except the fact that I don’t want to make people wait in line annnnd apparently it’s more expensive... more food needed, more money needed, makes sense. So sit down it is! I cannot wait to actually start sampling places. They've got an Italian cook they need to impress!


The Drinks: Just keep it flowing. That is all.

MY DRESS: This is the hardest part. I know I want something simple, classic, and not beaded.  I do however love lace! I’m probably going to go with an A-line cut dress with a lace overlay type!



There’s so much more to think about…  And so much time to do it in!

No comments:

Post a Comment